An organization supporting and promoting the Prahova business community
TOGETHER FOR YOUR BUSINESS!
Created by its members to support, promote and represent the interests of the whole business community of Prahova county in the relationship with Romanian authorities and foreign specialized bodies, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Prahova is a non-governmental organization (NGO) of public use, self-financed, having as fundamental purpose the development of Prahova County’s economy and its promotion both on the domestic markets and overseas .
The main functions of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Prahova:
- lobby and representation – acting as a linking factor between the business community and local, national and international authorities, being the spokesperson and image bearer of the local companies, whose interests it defends;
- supporting the local business community by providing information and advising services;
- promoting the local business community’s representatives;
- providing training and skills assessment.
We come from history ... We continue a tradition ... We last over time.....
- 1864 –The Decree of Alexandru Ioan Cuza for the promulgation of the law establishing the Chamber of Commerce Ploiesti
- 1865 –The appointment by Prahova County Prefect of the first leadership of the Chamber of Commerce Ploiesti
- 1866 – The advent of the Law of organization and functioning of the Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- 1899 – Chamber of Commerce and Industry Ploiesti – host and organizer of the First Congress of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Romania
- 1909 – At the initiative of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry the Ploiesti Stock Exchange is opened
- 1911 –The Chamber of Commerce and Industry Ploiesti organizes and hosts the XIIth Congress of Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- 1925 – The emergence of the new Law of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Romania. By Royal Decree, 30 chambers of commerce and industry are founded among, including the one based in Ploiesti
- 1949 –The abolition of Chambers of Commerce in Romania by the Decree-Law 74
- 1990 –The reestablishment of Chambers of Commerce in Romania by Decree-Law 139
- 2000 –The Chamber of Commerce and Industry Prahova inaugurated its new headquarters in Str. Cuza Voda. 8, built through its own effort
- 2007 –Starting from December 2007, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Prahova works according the Law 335/2007 –the Law of Chambers of Commerce in Romania